Blueberry Wedding Cake
81. A simple, white cake topped with blueberries makes for the perfect addition to your outdoor, summer wedding. Featured on Wedding Chicks. Photography by Hello Studio Photography.
Stunning Sophistication Wedding Cake
82. This gorgeous cake from Cake-ology tops the list when it comes to elegant, formal cakes that make a statement.
83. There’s nothing more romantic than sharing your vows on your wedding cake. It’s the perfect way to give your cake the personalized feel you’re looking for. Found on Ruffled Blog. Photography by I love You Too Photography.
Frosting Scrolls Wedding Cake
84. This light pink and ivory cake is unique in that the tiers are not placed directly on top of one another, but rather supported by scrolls made of frosting by Gateaux Inc.
Silhouette Wedding Cake
85. First comes love, then comes marriage. Check out this one of a kind wedding cake with silhouettes of the bride and groom from a young age to engagement to marriage by Peppermintskye.
Fairytale Castle Wedding Cake
86. A fairytale castle cake made strictly for the prince and princess—ahem, bride and groom by Sweet Art Bake Shop. If you’re love story played out like a fairytale, why not go with that enchanting theme for your own happily ever after?
Cascading Flower Wedding Cake
87. This classic five tier ivory wedding cake is brought to life by different shades of pink cascading flowers from top to bottom by Sandra Monger Cakes.
Ombre Wedding Cake
88. We just love this ombre wedding cake with a variety of cascading flowers. It’s romantic, elegant and simply decadent by Honey Crumb Cake Studio.
Four Tier Square Wedding Cake
89. We love the look of this four tier square cake from Palermo Bakery. It’s intimate, personalized, and every little detail was accounted for.
Quaint Gold w/ Roses Wedding Cake
90. Does a wedding cake get any better than this quaint gold cake with pink ombre roses? The couple really thought of everything here—gold buttercream frosting, handmade ombre roses in the middle and a white-and-gold chevron top tier by The Apothecakery.
Desert Romance Cake
91. This romantic single tier cake is perfect for those getting married in the Southwest, preferable on a clear, sunny evening while watching the sun set by Coco Paloma Desserts.
BEACH WEDDING CAKES
Waterside Wedding Cake
92. Planning a beach wedding? If so, you need to take a close look at this coral, floral topped cake to give your wedding that final flair it needs by IncrEDIBLES by Lani.
Seashell Wedding Cake
93. Gateaux Inc. does it again with this modern seashell cake adorned edible pearls and white chocolate seashells.
Floral Beach Wedding Cake
94. This grey and coral beach wedding cake is picture-perfect for your seaside afternoon wedding by Jenna Rae Cakes.
Seashells & Starfish Wedding Cake
95. This light blue and cream seashells and starfish cake by The Pastry Studio is perfection. We love how the fondant is done in layers!
FALL & WINTER WEDDING CAKES
Fall Wedding Cake w/ Monogram
96. Those looking to get married in September, October or November are in for a treat by Pink Cake Box. This three tier buttercream cake topped with green and orange berries, brown branches and burnt orange leaves is the picturesque cake for fall ceremonies.
Christmas Wedding Cake
97. Planning a wedding around the holidays? What better way to celebrate the new season in your life than with this charming present-themed wedding cake? The cake was crafted by Collette’s Cakes.
Winter Wedding Cake
98. Perhaps you’re getting married in December and want your cake to represent the season. Look no further than this winter wonderland cake topped with a sleigh cake topper.
Cascading Pearls Wedding Cake
99. Ideal for winter weddings is this all-white cake with cascading pearls and dark blossoms on top by The Pastry Studio.
VINTAGE WEDDING CAKES
Blue Wedding Cake w/ Frosting
100. Gateaux Inc. took a traditional-style cake and added a vintage spin by using turquoise frosting. The end result is stunning, proving small risks with color can create an elegant finish.
Ruffle and Pearl Vintage Wedding Cake
101. If you’re going for a vintage wedding, this ruffle and pearl vintage wedding cake should match your décor and theme perfectly by Kaykes.
SINGLE TIER WEDDING CAKES
Single Tier Wedding Cake
102. A cake can still be fabulous with just a single tier. Perfect for a small wedding is this single tier wedding cake topped with a bright pink blossom from Ganache Truffles.
Metallic Gold Wedding Cake
103. Sweet Art Bake Shop created this fabulous, single tier gold metallic wedding cake topped with pink, peach and ivory roses.
THEMED WEDDING CAKES
Great Gatsby Wedding Cake
104. This black, white and gold Great Gatsby wedding cake by The Frosted Cake Boutique proves that themed weddings can still have elegant, jaw-dropping cakes to match the theme. Photography by Tharshan Gnanendran Photography.
Las Vegas Wedding Cake
105. Getting married in Vegas? Stick with the theme and order this Las Vegas wedding cake from Freed’s Bakery.
Star Wars Wedding Cake
106. It’s your wedding, and you should have exactly what you want—even if it is a Star Wars wedding cake straight out of the galaxy by Disney Weddings.
Starbucks Wedding Cake
107. Perhaps you met your soon-to-be-spouse at Starbucks. Why not go for a Starbucks-themed cake to take you back to the day you met? This cake was crafted by The Wicked Little Cake Company.
Travel Wedding Cake
108. Do you and your future spouse share a love of travel? Maybe you plan on taking a year off from work and seeing the world. If so, a beautiful travel cake is perfect for your big day by Charm City Cakes.
Frozen Movie Wedding Cake
109. This Frozen cake by Van Goh Cakes may have been inspired by Disney’s Frozen, but we can’t help but swoon over the colors and the details that went into play.
Heart-shaped Wedding Cake
110. Weddings are about love, but most themes and colors steer clear of hearts to avoid looking cheesy. This heart-shaped classic white cake by Plum Tree Cakes says otherwise, though.
PANTONE’S “COLOR OF THE YEAR” WEDDING CAKES
Marsala Wedding Cake
111. Did you know that Marsala is the Pantone 2015 Color of the Year? For those getting married this year, or who just love the color, don’t miss this gorgeous white fondant Marsala wedding cake by Wilton.
Dreamy Marsala Wedding Cake
112. Keeping up with the Marsala Color of the Year is this dreamy Marsala cake featured on Aisle Perfect that doesn’t miss a detail. The bottom tier is surrounded by gold pearls and gold leaves, while the top tier is made of intricate white buttercream frosting.
MODERN WEDDING CAKES
Modern Gold Wedding Cake
113. If you want your wedding to be classic with a modern flair, look no further than this modern gold cake with photography by Vicki Grafton. The colors are classic; the style is sophisticated and modern.
Modern Mint Wedding Cake
114. Perhaps you want a modern wedding but a traditional cake. This modern mint cake by Lesle Wragg combines both with a modern color and a traditional cake style.
GLUTEN-FREE WEDDING CAKES & TUTORIALS
Iridescent Rose Gold Gluten Free Cake
115. The shimmer, the shine, the color. We love everything about this iridescent rose gold cake by Regnier Cakes. And a bonus for those with food allergies—the cake is gluten-free.
How to Make a Gluten-Free Wedding Cake
116. Check out this tutorial on how to make a gluten-free chocolate wedding cake that all wedding guests can enjoy. You will find that even a gluten-free wedding cake can still come out moist and the right density just like a regular cake mix. There are so many delicious options available; you will find that there is always something that will suit even the sweetest sweet tooth.
Gluten-Free Wedding Cake Fondant
117. You can’t have a gluten-free cake without gluten-free fondant to go with it. Check out this video tutorial on how to create very own gluten-free fondant. Fondant is an edible icing that is often used to decorate cakes and cupcakes. The texture of it is much different than traditional icing but it is a good way to make the cake even more unique and beautiful.
TRENDY WEDDING CAKES
Hexagon Wedding Cake
118. Wedding cake trends for 2015 include bold, in-your-face wedding cakes, such as this one by Hey There, Cupcake.
Hanging Wedding Cake
119. Another trend for 2015 is hanging cakes, such as this one from Sugablossom Cakes. Couples that really want to impress should look to this trend, as we can’t for the life of us figure out the mechanics of these aerodynamic masterpieces.
Trendsetting Wedding Cake
120. This black trendsetting cake combines all the trends of 2015—it’s big, it’s bold, and it’s dramatic. We love every detail of this hand-painted cake by Hey There, Cupcake.
Five-tier Rose Wedding Cake
121. And finally, we bring you the wedding cake of all wedding cakes. This five-tier wedding cake by The Pastry Studio is made even taller with bouquets of flowers separating the tiers. Add in cascading roses on the bottom half, rose petals sprinkled along the table and handcrafted piping designs and you’ve got yourself one of the most gorgeous cakes we’ve ever seen.
How to Choose Your Perfect Wedding Cake
When it comes time to choose your wedding cake, you want to make sure it is both beautiful and delicious. With these two elements, you will find some sweet success on your special day. The following are just a few tips you can keep with you as you navigate your journey to find the best wedding cake.
Remember to Start Early. Wedding cakes can take a long time depending on how big it needs to be and how much detail is involved. It is not something you ever want to leave until the last minute. You also have to remember that certain elements of the cake may be delicate and may not withstand heat as well as others, so keep that in mind if you have an outdoor summer wedding, for example.
Find the Right Baker. Getting references and listening to word of mouth reviews come in handy when finding the right baker for your wedding. It is always a good idea to meet with the baker and sample some of their cake options.
What is Your Style? You may find some highly specialized bakers that may not necessarily align with the ideas you have in your mind for your perfect wedding cake. Take notes of what you want so when you consult with bakers; you know exactly what questions you need to ask.
Cost Upgrades. Some bakers may charge more for what they consider premium flavors, so when meeting with potential bakers, inquire about their pricing for flavors and fillings to make sure everyone is on the same page. Also, don’t worry about choosing flavors that everyone else at the wedding will like. It is your big day, so choose the flavors you like. It is your cake, after all.
Find Your Inspiration. Finally, just find your inspiration. We are sure that you will get inspired by the many ideas we have outlined for you above. What is your wedding style? Sometimes figuring this out can help kickstart the process and makes it much easier for you to narrow down options and start designing the perfect wedding cake with your baker.
Wow, what a list! Congrats, you made it all the way to the end, and we hope you were inspired by all of the gorgeous cake designs. These wedding cake ideas were created by some of the most talented cake artists and designers all over the world.
Make sure you comment below to share your favorite cake idea from this list.
Wow they are all beautiful