We searched, we analyzed and we debated, but we finally found the most fabulous, elegant, are-these-really-wedding-cake cakes to inspire you for your upcoming wedding. And don’t worry, if cakes aren’t your thing, we found the best alternatives to traditional wedding cakes. Our comprehensive guide includes everything from immaculate photos to DIY fondant tutorials to gluten-free cake recipes. We thought of it all.
Let the fun begin and explore the wedding cake ideas together.
Traditional Wedding Cakes
Black and White Wedding Cake
1. AK Cake Design created this simple, yet incredibly elegant, black and white wedding cake with two white roses. For the timeless wedding with a simplistic feel, this cake is a winner.
Pink and Grey Wedding Cake
2. Popular colors for a wedding in any season, this enchanting pink and grey wedding cake will complement your wedding perfectly by Beverly’s Best Bakery.
Classic Ivory Wedding Cake
3. This classic ivory cake with three tiers, hand-crafted light cream roses and a white ribbon surrounding the bottom tier is simply gorgeous by Beverly’s Best Bakery.
Classic Silver Wedding Cake
4. Yummy Cupcakes & Cakes does it again with this five tier class silver cake with ivory roses and floral stenciling.
Handmade Buttercream Wedding Cake
5. This handmade buttercream cake was made without the use of fondant. The white roses were all made by hand as was the stenciling on the top and middle tiers by Sweet Art Bake Shop.
Lace Wedding Cake
6. This lace wedding cake is wonderfully romantic and the lace pattern matches the most popular used lace on wedding gowns. Simply gorgeous by Gateaux Inc.
Blush Wedding Cake
7. The details on each rose on the top and bottom tiers make this blush wedding cake pop. Found at Wedding Inspirasi.
Scalloped Wedding Cake
8. This immaculate white-and-silver wedding cake features scalloped details along with silver and pearl strewn throughout by Sugar Ruffles.
Lace Wedding Cake w/ Gold Sparkles
9. A traditional cake made unique with smaller, sparkly gold tiers separating the main white tiers. Add in some vintage roses between the tiers and you’ve got an immaculate, one of a kind beauty by Laura’s Bakery.
Pale Pink Wedding Cake
10. This pale pink wedding cake is just incredible, from the crystal pendant on the bow to the large, roached roses on the bottom tier by Creations Cake. Photography by Reg Campbell
Unique, Non-traditional Wedding Cakes
White Flower Wedding Cake w/ Black Frosting
12. This black-frosted fondant-style cake screams elegance and sophistication. Topped with white and gold flowers, this wedding cake will surely turn heads at your wedding by Bloom Cake Co.
The Jenny Packham Wedding Cake
13. This unique cake was inspired by the stunning dresses of Jenny Packham. Designed with custom coloured pearls and a touch of sparkle, the cake is chic while still making a statement. Found on Bobbette & Belle.
Pink and Blue Wedding Cake
14. We love weddings that look like they’re straight out of a fairytale. This whimsical cake by Sugar Smith blows us away with its stunning beauty.
Fall Wedding Cake w/ Floral Fruit
15. Created by Bliss Pastry, a cake doesn’t get more divine than this fruit and floral cake. The colors, the details of the fruits and flowers, the glitter on the top tier—we’re guessing the newlyweds had a hard time cutting into this timeless beauty.
Wedding Cake w/ Sprinkles
16. Perhaps a little non-traditional, but incredibly fun, is this sprinkle wedding cake with white fondant bows. A little bit of class meets a little bit of sass in this one-of-a-kind cake. Photography by Meredith Perdue
Wedding Dress Cake
17. This cake by Jay Qualls perfectly portrays the back of a long, beautiful wedding gown. It’s so elegant it’s almost too pretty to eat.
Floral Wedding Cake
18. Another cake by Jay Qualls is this floral cake that is customized to match your wedding flowers. The real flowers surrounding the bottom of the cake add an elegant ambiance and make the cake a bit more personalized to the wedding.
Enchanting & whimsical Wedding Cake
19. Equal parts enchanting and whimsical describe this charming cake perfectly. We love have each tier is different, yet they all fit perfectly together—just like a couple embarking on the journey of marriage by Gateaux Inc.
Piet Mondrian Wedding Cake
20. If you’re looking for a cake that’s a bit out of the box, you’ll want to give this geometrical cake with multiple shapes another look by Beverly’s Best Bakery.
Colorful Rose Wedding Cake
21. Does a cake get any more beautiful than this three tier cake covered in different colors of roses? We didn’t think so.
Butterfly Wedding Cake
22. Don’t miss this cream-colored wedding cake with a layer of colorful butterflies cascading down the cake.
Boho Wedding Cake
23. If you live in the South don’t miss this precious Boho wedding cake that resembles an Arizona sunset by Caketini.
Black Wedding Cake w/ Flowers
24. This black wedding cake with pops of pastel flowers is perfect for elegant evening weddings by Cake Heart.
Blue Ruffled Wedding Cake
25. We love this ombre blue ruffled cake from Flutterby Bakery. Each ruffle is handcrafted and the entire cake has remnants of dark pink roses throughout.
Charming Stripped Ribbon Wedding Cake
26. This smooth, two tier white fondant cake is made complete with red and white striped ribbon on the bottom of each tier and topped with a single handcrafted red flower by Coco Cakes.
Lace & cascading florals Wedding Cake
27. Elegantly Iced thought of every little detail for this lace and cascading florals wedding cake, and it shows. Each elegant detail truly transforms this cake into a masterpiece.
Black Fondant Floral Wedding Cake
28. This black fondant floral cake from Lulu Cake Boutique isn’t your typical wedding cake, but it sure is lovely.
Gold Pillow Wedding Cake
29. If you’re looking for a unique wedding cake, try this two tier gold pillow wedding cake by Faridah Cakes.
Tie-Dye Pleated Wedding Cake
30. Check out this four tier, watercolor and tie-die pleated cake. Customize the colors to match the colors of your wedding by For Goodness Cakes.
Breakfast at Tiffany’s Themed Wedding Cake
31. This Breakfast at Tiffany’s wedding cake is made of Tiffany blue fondant and topped with edible sugar pearls by Victoria Kenyon. Photography by Diane Parsons Photography
Faberge Royal Purple Wedding Cake
32. Fit for only a king and his queen is this deep purple royal wedding cake topped with a crown.
Baroque Painted Wedding Cake
33. This wedding cake should almost be placed in a museum, it’s that beautiful. We can only imagine the work that went into creating a cake of this magnitude by Nevie-Pie Cakes.
Naked Wedding Cakes
Naked Chocolate Wedding Cake
34. Stumped on what type of cake to get for your big day? Try this amazing unfrosted, two-tiered chocolate wedding cake to make a statement on your wedding by Lael Cakes.
Floral Flourishes Wedding Cake
35. Naked cakes seem to be all the rage lately and we can see why. Check out this simple wedding cake made majestic with berries, flowers and a dusting of powdered sugar by Sugar & Chic.
Oreo Wedding Cake
36. This sophisticated naked black and white cake by M Cakes Sweets resembles stacked Oreo cookies. We love the look and can only imagine how good it tastes.
Spring & Summer Wedding Cakes
Naked Vanilla Wedding Cake
37. If you’re having an outdoor, summer wedding, take a look at this three-tiered naked vanilla cake topped with fresh berries by The Sugar Suite.
Spring Wedding Cake
38. To say we’re obsessed with this floral and gold wedding cake would be the understatement of the century. Topped with fresh blooms and painted with water colors, this cake is bright, happy and full of colors by Cake Ink.
Country Chic Wedding Cake
39. Made by The Sugar Suite, this country-chic wedding cake is bright and happy, perfect for the Southern couple getting married in the spring or summer.
Polka Dot Wedding Cake
40. It’s your wedding—who says you have to have a traditional cake? Why not think outside the box and create something unique for your big day, such as this poolside polka dot cake perfect for an outdoor, summer wedding.