- 1 DIY WEDDING CAKE & FROSTING TUTORIALS
- 2 DESIGN YOUR DREAM WEDDING CAKE!
- 2.1 Add Some Ribbon
- 2.2 Wedding Cupcake Buttercream
- 2.3 DIY Wedding Cupcakes
- 2.4 DIY Rose Wedding Cake Topper
- 2.5 Buttercream Icing Cake Design
- 2.6 DIY Wedding Cake Toppers
- 2.7 How to Make a Two Tier Wedding Cake
- 2.8 How to Make Fondant
- 2.9 How to Cover Your Wedding Cake in Fondant
- 2.10 How to Make Your Fondant Shiny
- 2.11 How to Make a Three Tier Wedding Cake
- 2.12 How to Make Fondant Flowers
- 2.13 How to Make Fondant Roses with No Tools
- 2.14 Create Elegant Fondant Roses
- 2.15 Fondant Rouching Tutorial
- 2.16 Pearl and Beaded Garland Piping Techniques
- 2.17 How to Make Gum Paste Flowers
- 2.18 Gum Paste Daffodil Tutorial
- 2.19 DIY Macaron Tower Wedding Cake
- 3 PAINTED WEDDING CAKES
- 4 BRIDAL SHOWER CAKES
- 5 ALTERNATIVES TO CAKES
- 6 ROMANTIC WEDDING CAKES
Sunflower Wedding Cake
41. The sunflower symbolizes happiness, which is exactly how we feel when looking at this charming sunflower wedding cake, ideal for warm, outdoor weddings.
DIY WEDDING CAKE & FROSTING TUTORIALS
DIY Wedding Cake Piping Techniques
42. Are you hoping to have a hand in all aspects of your wedding? Watch this piping tutorial to learn the basics of piping. Turn your basic, white wedding cake into something out of a fairytale.
Add Some Ribbon
43. If piping isn’t your thing, try adding a layer of ribbon to the bottom of each cake layer. Choose a ribbon color that matches the colors in your wedding.
Wedding Cupcake Buttercream
44. The most important part of your DIY cake or cupcake is, of course, the frosting. Consisting of just four ingredients, this buttercream works well through a piping bag and tastes incredible by Recipe Girl.
DIY Wedding Cupcakes
45. A complete tutorial to make your own wedding cupcakes, including recipes, piping tips and more!
DIY Rose Wedding Cake Topper
46. Commercial cake decorator Liz shows viewers how to decorate a wedding cake topper with giant roses made on a marshmallow, including the recipe.
Buttercream Icing Cake Design
47. Calling all DIY wedding planners! This simple tutorial shows you the exact steps to take to create a fancy wedding cake guests will be surprised you made yourself.
DIY Wedding Cake Toppers
48. If you’re looking for a simple cake topper you can craft yourself, look no further than these easy-to-make party flags. Add special sentiments on a few of the flags to make the cake unique to your wedding and relationship by Something Turquoise.
How to Make a Two Tier Wedding Cake
49. This tutorial on how to make a two tier wedding cake includes step by step instructions on creating the wedding cake of your dreams, along with dozens of photos to guide you in the process by Not Quite Nigella.
How to Make Fondant
50. On some wedding cakes, traditional frosting is replaced with fondant. Fondant is pliable frosting with a smooth, shiny finish. To make your own fondant, check out this in-depth tutorial from Better Homes and Gardens.
How to Cover Your Wedding Cake in Fondant
51. Once the fondant is made, the next step is to cover your wedding cake in fondant. Chill your cake first to prevent crumbling then get to work on placing the fondant over your cake. Practice makes perfect, so give this a try before attempting your wedding cake.
How to Make Your Fondant Shiny
52. Up next, we’re showing you how to apply a luster finish to your wedding cake. This could be just what your DIY cake needs to make it stand out and give it a more professional look.
How to Make a Three Tier Wedding Cake
53. If you’re making your own wedding cake, you most likely will want it to have at least two tiers. If you can do three, even better. Check out this video tutorial on how to make a three-tier cake for your wedding.
How to Make Fondant Flowers
54. Fondant flowers give your DIY wedding cake a personal, soft touch. If you’ve never worked with fondant before, have no fear. This easy, step-by-step guide shows you exactly how to make fondant flowers.
How to Make Fondant Roses with No Tools
55. Handmade fondant flowers? Not a problem. This video tutorial shows you exactly how you can craft fondant flowers without using any tools.
Create Elegant Fondant Roses
56. The most popular flower for weddings is, of course, the rose. Romantic, elegant and beautiful, roses add a gorgeous touch to any wedding. Create elegant fondant roses for your wedding cake with circle cutters and a spoon.
Fondant Rouching Tutorial
57. Give your wedding cake a fabric-like look with fondant ruching. Do it yourself with this comprehensive tutorial on fondant ruching by The Sugar Suite.
Pearl and Beaded Garland Piping Techniques
58. Once you’ve mastered fondant for your DIY wedding cake, add some pearls or beaded garland to give the cake a more professional look. This tutorial shows you exactly how to make a pearl bead garland by Cake Geek.
How to Make Gum Paste Flowers
59. Your DIY wedding cake will be made all the more magnificent with homemade gum paste flowers. Check out a video tutorial on how to make them here.
Gum Paste Daffodil Tutorial
60. Check out this gum paste daffodil tutorial for tips on how to make your own gum paste flowers, perfect for your wedding cake or your bridal shower cake by Make Fabulous Cakes.
DIY Macaron Tower Wedding Cake
61. If you’re considering making your own macaron tower for your wedding, you won’t want to miss this detailed video tutorial by Nicky Grant.
PAINTED WEDDING CAKES
Breathtaking Painted Wedding Cake
62. Take a look at this hand-painted, vintage wedding cake with black ribbon surrounding the layers and topped with an ivory flower, perfect for the bride throwing an evening, elegant wedding by Nevie-Pie Cakes.
Ivory and Gold Wedding Cake
63. Wow! This hand-painted ivory and gold cake is sophisticated yet fun, perfect for a glamorous outdoor wedding by Holly Sheppard.
Hand Painted Gold and Floral Wedding Cake
64. Stunning and glamorous, this hand-painted gold and floral cake is ideal for indoor, evening weddings or perhaps at an outdoor, rustic-inspired wedding.
“You are Beautiful” Wedding Cake
65. A hand-painted “You are beautiful” cake really makes a statement. Replace the words with an excerpt from your vows to give the cake a more personal touch.
BRIDAL SHOWER CAKES
Towel Cake for the Bridal Shower
66. Check out this tutorial to surprise the bride at her shower with a towel cake. Similar to a traditional wedding cake, a towel cake is a tiered towel arrangement that serves as gifts to the bride and groom.
Cake Pop Wedding Favors
67. It’s your wedding, and you can have wedding favors if you want to. We love these glittery pink, white, and pearl cake pops to use as wedding favors for guests or as favors at your bridal shower.
ALTERNATIVES TO CAKES
White Wedding Cake Cupcakes
68. Sleek, traditional and a touch of class describes these white wedding cake cupcakes perfectly. Grab your bridesmaids and bake traditional white cupcakes for your DIY wedding by Recipe Girl.
Wedding Cake Pops
69. A bit untraditional but perfect for the modern couple are wedding cake pops. We love these simple light pink and ivory cake pops by My Sweet and Saucy.
Summer Wedding Dessert Bar
70. If you love desserts, why not have an entire bar dedicated to sweet treats instead of just a wedding cake? Guests will love this idea, and it allows you to sample a variety of sweets on your special day.
Cake Pop Wedding Cake
71. The idea of cake pops might be appealing, but perhaps you don’t want to not have a traditional cake. Why not combine the two and have a wedding pop cake by Style Me Pretty, such as this ivory design?
Wedding Cake & Cupcakes
72. If you’re torn between a traditional cake and cupcakes, why not do both? This design from Yummy Cupcakes & Cakes is perfect—guests get a cupcake, and you get to take home the actual cake for your one-year wedding anniversary.
Doughnut Wedding Cake
Ice Cream Wedding Cake
74. This pink zebra wedding cake is stunning, but what makes it even more special is that it’s an ice cream cake. Typically good for three hours, give it a try if you’re not a huge cake fan by Sylvia Sweet Treats.
Wedding Dessert Shooters
75. Another alternative to serving cake at your wedding is to place dessert shooters on each guests’ table by Cupcakes Couture. We love that they’re sizes are perfect for one person. Bonus: No cutting required!
Macaron Wedding Tower
76. This bright and colorful macaron tower is perfect for an outdoor summer wedding. It’s a fun alternative to a cake and would be relatively easy to make yourself.
Rustic Wedding Cupcakes
77. A rustic wedding doesn’t get more charming than with these slightly less formal rustic cupcakes. Cupcakes are also a fun cake alternative for couples renewing their vows — photography by Karrah Flores.
ROMANTIC WEDDING CAKES
Naked Rustic Wedding Cake
78. Rustic, vintage-inspired weddings seem to be all the rage, and after looking at this romantic, rustic cake, we can see exactly why so many are drawn to this look and feel by Just Cake. Photography by Mike Larson.
Pink Crème Floral Wedding Cake
79. At first glance, this pink crème floral cake appears simple and romantic. Upon further observation, though, you’ll see just how much detail and focus went into creating this five-tiered, one of a kind wedding cake. Featured on The Perfect Palette. Photography by Watson Studios.
The Crystal Garden Wedding Cake
80. The handmade sugar flowers are the focal point to this sparkly, stunning cake. Each flower is dusted in Swarovski crystals, making the cake sparkle and shine right before your eyes by Bobbette and Belle.