Pom poms are fun and fuzzy little things which take just minutes to make. But did you know that these puffs of joy can also be incorporated into so many craft projects?
Whether you’re wanting to transform your home decor, add intrigue to items of clothing, makeover your favorite accessories or simply create the most spectacular pom poms you’ve ever laid eyes on – Trust us, it’s all here.
So gather your yarn, best hot glue gun, and scissors, as it’s time to explore these 60 fun pom pom craft projects…
1. Lily Allsorts takes craft lovers right back to the basics with this tutorial teaching you how to make pom poms from yarn. After all, in order to create the fabulous tutorials listed below you’ll need to know this important technique!
2. Party hats are fun and festive, but as soon as you add a fluffy pom pom to the mix, you’ve got yourself a real winner! These hats by 100 Layer Cakelet are super simple to make and will add a special touch to any celebration.
3. You’ll never lose your keys ever again thanks to these bright and playful pom pom keychain decorations by Anna Evers. Make them in any color you want, or why not create some as a special gift for a loved one?
4. The humble napkin ring has earned itself a bit of a boring reputation in past years, but thanks to this wonderful tutorial by Art Bar Blog you can now have the prettiest and most fun napkin rings in town! Customize the colors to suit your event’s specific theme.
5. Normal crowns are great, but what about a pom pom crown instead? Not only is this tutorial by A Subtle Revelry incredibly fun and easy to follow, but a pom pom crown is an accessory that everyone will adore.
6. It turns out that this pom pom adorned monogram isn’t just popular with humans – Cats love it too! Aunt Peaches shares her terrific tutorial about creating these pom pom letters which also double as a box to keep your spare coins.
7. The wonderful thing about this DIY project by Brit + Co is that it can serve as three decorations in one: a wall-hanging, rug or table runner. What a genius idea! We also love the ombre effect which has been achieved through using varying shades of yarn.
8. Loved by both babies and adults alike, this tutorial from Camille Styles teaching you how to create these lovely pom pom flowers is a winner in our eyes. These would also serve as a perfect gift for just about any occasion!
10. Say goodbye to boring earrings and inject some color and playfulness into your accessories with this fantastic craft idea by Confetti Pop. These are very simple to create and could take you just minutes to complete.
11. Do you have an empty vase in your home just crying out for attention? Craft and Creativity’s step-by-step tutorial will teach you how to create these pom pom flowers, complete with their green stem!
12. This pom pom craft project by Crafty Morning is perfect for Easter and adding that extra special, handmade touch to any card. This is also a great tutorial for children to follow and they will love making these adorable little chicks!
13. Design Improvised shows us that we don’t need to pay a lot of money on fancy balloons in order to add whimsy and pops of color to our next celebration. Simply glue on some pom poms and you’ve created a balloon masterpiece!
14. Never lose your page in a book again thanks to this wonderfully easy craft tutorial by Design Mom. Pom poms can be used in a range of projects and we love the idea of having them as bookmarks too.
15. When it comes to making patterned and intricate pom poms, Mr Printables is certainly your go-to guide! Eye-catching floral pom poms are now accessible to everyone with this handy tutorial.
16. Dollar Store Crafts has created this clever step-by-step lesson on how to create a miniature pom pom tree. This crafty tree can be used for so many different displays and children are sure to love having one in their own room.
17. Shops such as Anthropologie are selling pom pom table centerpieces for ‘larger than you would like’ amounts, so why not create your own? This decoration by Domestifluff serves as the perfect table number holder.
18. These pens by Doodle Craft are ones that you won’t want to lose! Covered in colorful yarn and bursting with a pom pom at the end, kids and adults alike are sure to love these crafty creations.
19. This pom pom letter wall art tutorial from Drop Dead Gorgeous Daily is fantastic for both beginner crafters and the more advanced. Customize the color of each pom pom to suit your very own tastes and hang your new wall art with pride!
20. Creating Halloween inspired accessories is always entertaining and Fantastic Fun and Learning takes this to a whole new level with these pom pom spider rings. Children are going to not only love creating these critters, but will be ecstatic about their fun new ring too!
21. How adorable is this pom pom owl by Fiks*d? This is another easy-to-follow craft tutorial perfect for both beginners and those who have been creating pom pom projects for years!
22. If you’re looking to jazz-up a plain or boring table runner, then this craft project from For The Love Of is perfect for you. It’s such a fantastic project to keep you busy on a rainy afternoon too!
23. Taking inspiration from the more expensive pom pom adorned blankets, Hi Sugar Plum decided to create her very own version of the trend. This is a great way to add some coziness to your space!
24. Fancy throwing a ‘bunny party’ but don’t like the idea of acquiring real little bunnies to hop around your garden? iKatbag faced the same dilemma when choosing to organize a party for her daughter and friends, so created these adorable pom pom bunnies instead! Needless to say, they were an instant success.
25. Pom poms don’t always have to be made from yarn! These rolled felt pom pom balls are just as colorful and creative. Inspired by Charm has turned them into a fantastic set of coasters and has shared her simple tutorial, allowing you to create your own.
26. Pom pom adorned products are great around the home, but the good news is you can also decorate your clothing with them! I Spy DIY’s popular tutorial shows you how you can easily turn your favorite sweater into a pom pom masterpiece!
27. Learn how to make this simple yet stunning pom pom necklace by following this step-by-step guide from Jasmin Blanc Boutique. Remember, you can customize your own necklace to include any color you wish!
28. These may look a little tricky to create, but fear not, as Mr Printables has broken each of these letter pom poms down into easy-to-follow steps which anyone can achieve. These are incredibly unique and are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
29. Living With Punks was also inspired by trending pom pom adorned home decor and decided to add intrigue and style to a simple cushion. Follow her fun and easy tutorial to create your own fabulous cushion too!
30. Every pom pom lover will love this craft project idea by Momtastic which features a cluster of pom poms worn as a pretty necklace. This is a simple and inexpensive accessory to make for yourself, or would even serve as a wonderful gift for a loved one.