Flowers are one thing that can brighten anyone’s day, and can be given for any occasion. However, cut flowers tend to wilt and lose their beauty very quickly. Fortunately, we’ve scoured the web for great flower craft tutorials for you, from simple to complex tutorials.
These flowers are made from a variety of mediums, from regular copy paper to toilet paper rolls! These flowers are bound to last forever and leave a lasting impression, with no water needed!
DIY Paper Flower Crafts
The following tutorials show you how to make beautiful flowers from regular colored paper!
1. This beautiful origami rose tutorial on Youtube by Jo Nakashima has clear instructions with helpful diagrams.
2. How to Make Paper Flowers 101 guides you step-by-step on making these intricate origami hyacinth flowers. Create a bunch of flowers and assemble them together to form a beautiful hyacinth plant.
3. If origami isn’t your thing, IdunnGoddess on YouTube shares a simple technique to creating hyacinths. This method uses rolled paper strips, so even kids can join in on the fun!
4. These spiral roses by Crafts, Homeschooling, and More! are very fun and easy to do. You can cut a spiral from a circle freehand and roll the paper up into a pretty rose!
5. Another method of using rolled paper to create art is quilling. Honey’s Quilling shows you how to make these pretty Malaysian flowers. These flowers would be great to use in scrapbooks and on cards.
6. Lady Rain Buzz demonstrates how you can create flowers using the comb quilling technique. This technique allows you to make evenly shaped intricate designs that would normally be difficult to do by hand.
7. Create a rainbow of dahlias with just some paper and glue by following this tutorial by Craftaholics Anonymous.
8. This tutorial by Sree Crafts on Youtube shows you how to make these beautiful multi-layered rose.
9. This cute pomander, or kissing ball, featured over at Pizzazzerie was made using a flower punch, a styrofoam ball, pearl corsage pins and scrapbook paper.
Combining a bunch of flowers together turned these simple flower punches into a work of art.
10. The Elli Blog makes it easy for you to create these beautiful orchids with their free printable templates! All you need to do is print, cut, shape and glue!
DIY Giant Flowers
Sometimes BIGGER is BETTER! These tutorials show you how to make giant paper flowers that are great for decorating events.
11. Project Nursery has a step-by-step guide on how to make this beautiful banner display of hand-cut flowers complete with a free printable template.
12. These beautiful giant flowers over at Design Sponge were designed to be a bold statement piece. They make amazing props for photo shoots!
13. These giant crepe paper roses featured on Green Wedding Shoes really added a whimsical touch to this wedding shoot.
14. This quick and easy tutorial from Blogging Corner Blog also uses crepe paper to create eye-catching giant flowers.
15. These fun giant sunflowers by Alana Jones-Mann were made using a styrofoam disc for the center and crepe paper for the petals.
Specialty Paper Flowers
These tutorials show you how to make flowers using a variety of specialty paper, from crepe paper to tissue paper.
16. Crepe paper is a special type of paper with crinkles in it. The crinkles allow you to stretch and sculpt the paper with curves that are normally not possible with regular paper.
Here, Lia Griffith adds a little bit of spray paint to make her crepe paper hibiscus flowers even more realistic.
17. Craft Berry Bush also added color these beautiful crepe flowers by using watercolor paints.
18. These pretty crepe anemones by Ruffled Blog have hand-stamped leaves, making them a great alternative to boring escort cards.
19. In this tutorial, Polka Dot Brides shows you how to make these fun poppies out of crepe paper.
20. These bright tulips by Art Platter are also made out of crepe paper.
21. Party streamers are a type of crepe paper because they also have crinkles in them, although crepe paper has more crinkles and the stretching ability is much greater.
This tutorial by The Idea Room utilizes streamers to make a cute rose pomander.
22. Atta Girl Says has a great tutorial featuring three different blooms, all made with gift wrapping tissue paper.
23. Add a vintage touch to paper roses by using pages from books or sheet music with this tutorial at Capitol Romance.
DIY Ribbon and Fabric Flower Ideas
These tutorials show you various ways you can make flowers out of ribbon, fabric, and string.
24. These roses from Burda Style can be made with some pretty ribbon and a bit of hand-stitching.
25. Kanzashi refers to the technique of folding cloth or ribbons into flowers. This kanzashi flower from Createsie makes a great headband decoration.